7 May 2009

Flash not well

Last night when I went to bed, all was well! This morning I go downstairs to take the dogs out for a walk and Flash really didn't want to get up from the bed. He did in the end, but was very lethargic on the whole walk. He also felt quite hot to me.
He also didn't want any breakfast.

I took him to the vet straight away to check him out. Ian thinks that a scratch/bite he got from a cat yesterday morning (he slipped the lead and ran after a cat just outside our house, but when they parted after about 5 or 10 seconds, both seemed find with no injuries, though I did find a very small scabbed wound this morning on his head) may have caused the fever. Flash's temperature was 39.9, so pretty high.

He got an antibiotic and antiinflamatory injection and Synolux to take home, I already have got metacam at home. He should feel much better within 24 hours... I really hope so! It really scared me to see him like this!

No comments: