3 July 2011

Flash at the vet's with major nose bleed

I took Flash for a walk in the Country Park yesterday when he suddenly had a major sneezing fit. I called him to me and he arrived with a muzzle full of blood, his legs bloodied and sneezing more blood. I turned round to take him to the vet's, but then he stopped sneezing and seemed fine so I finished the walk. But at home he had a couple more fits so I called the emergency clinic who told me to watch him overnight and take him in in the morning if it doesn't stop.

This morning, all seemed fine and I was relieved, but then he had another two sneezing fits. My house looks like an axe murderer had a go.

Flash is at my vet's right now where they are knocking him out to see what is going on.

***

Flash is home! He had indeed a grass seed up his nose - and a very big seed too, which took Mark apparently a very long time to find. But Flash though a bit wobbly seems very happy, licked my face when he woke up at the vet's and looked at Mark a lot as if to say thank you. :-) I'm so glad that he is fine and I hope this never happens again.

He has recovered very quickly indeed, has had a play with a toy and with Skye and seems very happy indeed. However, Emily is coming over to keep an eye on him when I am at the airport to pick up Marzia just in case.

Some pictures of this afternoon when he came home and later with Marzia. Flash is definitely feeling a lot better. He's been bleeding a little more, but nothing drastic and he is not sneezing anymore. I am so glad this episode is over. Whilst I went to pick up Marzia from City Airport, Emily kept an eye on him to make sure he was ok.





No comments: