25 March 2012

Obedience Match

I took Flash and Jesse to the annual obedience match at Culverston today. Flash was pretty good and I was pleased to see him say hi nicely to quite a few dogs (whilst having a grumble at others).

He came 5th out of 8 dogs, so did ok - especially as that was a run-off for 4th and 5th place... But he wasn't very enthusiastic about the heelwork and I am now wondering whether he actually feels uncomfortable doing heelwork due to the position which hyperextends his back a bit of course. So he will be doing no more obedience stuff as I don't think he is entirely comfortable with it anymore.

(Picture by Vanda Fitter, 2012)

Never mind, we do stuff at home that he enjoys and he gets his daily run about on walks which is what he lives for really!

After the match, we went to Karen and David, where Dylan and Skye had been staying all morning. All the dogs are happy there and really feel at home there now. :-)

No comments: