1 August 2007

Tuesday evening training

Party Trick

Trainings yesterday went well! Karen and David came along, which was great as I could do my party trick in front of a (small) audience, which made quite a difference to me. I also used the proper pine trick prop for the first time yesterday and it didn't make any difference to Flash as to what the send away marker was. Great. Have to work to approach it from different angles though as well as increase the distance.

I have shortened my party trick now as it was too long and would have been edited to just 1 minute anyway! So now we just do the first part (travellers rescue). All that's left to teach now is ringing the bell, everything else is working... needs more work, but Flash knows what he is doing.

**********************

Bullseye


We have also been working on the bullseye, which was pretty good considering that we can only work on the actual sheet once a week. But Flash is definitely getting the hang of it.

*********************

Temptation

The temptation alley working fine too, will now start practicing with whole sausages.

*********************

Doggie Detective

I got the new rope balls for Flash which he only gets for this exercise, so this should keep it separate from everyday playing balls.
He is very good now at getting it and bringing it back. I have also added a few more toys for him to pick it out from, which worked well too. I have started hiding it now, which he finds a bit more difficult, but we'll get there. He is a smart cookie and will work it out.

**********************

Agility

And last but not least, we worked on the weave a bit. That went very well and Flash is definitely understanding the concept of that. I mananged to bring the weave poles up quite a bit and Flash still did it well - when I got my body language right, which is of course the main thing.

Overall I am happy... though the 19th August is approaching fast and I am pretty worried about what Flash is going to do on the day... not so much whether he will or not (though that's a question too), but whether I can get my act together enough so Flash knows what he needs to do.

Next steps to do now is another agility training session this Saturday, on Sunday I was invited to a small interclub event with Linda's club. That'll be fun to see how things go in a competition environment (it'll be fun after just two session of training... LOL).

And hopefully next Monday, I will bring Flash along to my training class to practice some stuff with the distraction of the other dogs.

Today, I sent off the exact details of the party trick, which helped me sort things out in my head too. I am now happy with it and confident that Flash can do it on the day.

No comments: